NANO™ 30 External Canister Filter
- Great for filtering nano tanks or aquariums from 10-30 gallons.
- 160 Gallons per Hour.
- Comes complete with spray bar system, mechanical filter sponge, bio ceramic media, and carbon.
- Easy priming feature.
- For freshwater or marine aquariums.
- High Quality – Made in Europe.
- Provides greater aeration with the included spraybar.
- Removable hose-connecting device.
- Adjustable flow control system.
- Easy-to-open filter head.
- Calibrated anti-vibration bushings.
- Space saving device.
Formerly known as the Nano 511.
Zoo Med’s Nano™ 30 is the perfect filtration system for Aquatic tanks up to 30 gallons. Here’s Ashley to help you set it up.
|Item Number: TCN-32|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q: Does the Carbon bag go above or below the ceramic media in the filter chamber?
A: The carbon bag should go below the ceramic media.
Q: How often should I change the carbon?
A: The carbon should be replaced once a month.
Q: How often should I change the ceramic media?
A: The ceramic media should only be changed if it is restricting water flow. It can be rinsed each month.
Q: How often should I change the sponge(s)?
A: The sponge(s) can be rinsed monthly but only need to be changed if they cannot be cleaned or if they start to break down.
Q: How do I prime this filter?
A: Be sure that the canister is completely full of water and that the fill cap is in place before plugging the filter in.
Q: What is the ceramic media for?
A: The ceramic media provides surface area for beneficial bacteria to grow. This bacteria will help trap other bacteria and break down waste trapped in the filter.
Q: How often should I clean my filter?
A: Once monthly is usually sufficient for one turtle. If you have more animals, it may be necessary to clean it more often.
Q: What are the dimensions of the included tubing and hoses?
A: The 2 tubes are 10 7/8″ with a diameter of 1/2″; the 2 hoses are 2′ long with a diameter of 5/8″.