Correct High Fiber, Low Protein Diet
22% Fiber | 8.5% Protein | 1.4% Fat
- Carefully formulated by Ph.D. nutritionists to meet the unique nutritional needs of Grassland Tortoise species.
- High fiber and low protein levels allow for normal growth and proper shell development (pyramiding is NOT normal and likely caused in part by a high protein/low fiber diet).
- Chopped Timothy, Miscanthus, and Alfalfa grasses provide long-stem fiber, a very important part of their natural diet
- Contains Dandelion Greens, Yucca, and other plants that tortoises love!
- No artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives added.
Perfect for all grassland tortoise species, including:
- Russian Tortoise (Agrionemys horsfieldii)
- African Spurred/Sulcata Tortoise (Geochelone sulcata)
- Leopard Tortoise (Geochelone pardalis)
- Pancake Tortoise (Malacochersus tornieri)
- Greek/Mediterranean Spur Thigh Tortoise (Testudo graeca)
- Hermann’s Tortoise (Testudo hermanni)
- Desert Tortoise and related species (Gopherus spp.)
- Galapagos and other giant tortoises (Geochelone nigra)
Wheat & Soy
Natural with Added Vitamins, Minerals, and Other Trace Nutrients
|Item Number: ZM-130|
|Size: 8.5 oz|
|Item Number: ZM-131|
|Size: 15 oz|
|Item Number: ZM-132|
|Size: 35 oz|
|Item Number: ZM-133|
|Size: 60 oz|
|Item Number: ZM-134|
|Size: 50 lb|
“I love your new Grassland Tortoise Food. Zoo Med really did its research on this product. The only thing that can beat the natural ingredients and fiber in your product would be moving my family and tortoise herd back to the tortoises natural habitat! I cant say enough about it and I really want everyone with a tortoise to know about it.”
– John Bailey (TSA member & noted tortoise breeder)
Organic Ground Whole Wheat, Suncured Timothy Hay, Miscanthus Ground Grass, Suncured Alfalfa Meal, Almond Hull Meal, Organic Soybean Meal, Calcium Carbonate, Endive, Escarole, Dicalcium Phosphate, Monocalcium Phosphate, Citric Acid (preservative), Distilled White Vinegar, Dried Dandelion Greens, Sodium Bicarbonate, Yeast Culture, Hydrolyzed Yeast, Brewer’s Dried Yeast, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (stabilized source of Vitamin C), Yucca Schidigera Extract, Sodium Selenite, Dried Lactobacillus acidophilus Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus casei Fermentation Product, Dried Bifidobacterium bifidum Fermentation Product, Dried Enterococcus faecium Fermentation Product, Dried Aspergillus oryzae Fermentation Product, Vitamin E Supplement, Zinc Methionine Complex, Rosemary (flavor), Mixed Tocopherols (preservative), Choline Chloride, Ferrous Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Zinc Oxide, Riboflavin Supplement (source of Vitamin B2), Niacin Supplement (source of Vitamin B3), D-Calcium Pantothenate (source of Vitamin B5), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (source of Vitamin B6), Copper Chloride, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Ethylenediamine Dihydriodide, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (source of Vitamin K activity), Thiamine Mononitrate (source of Vitmain B1), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Folic Acid, Garlic Extract, Horseradish, Anise Extract, Juniper Extract, Cassia Bark Extract, Ginger Extract.
|Crude Protein (min)||8.5%|
|Crude Fat (min)||1.9%|
|Crude Fiber (max)||22.0%|
|Ascorbic Acid (Vit. C) (min)||45 mg/lb (99 mg/kg)|